• Kyua: Weekly status report

    The post title should mention ATF instead of Kyua... but I'm keeping the usual one for consistency:Integrated timestamps into the XML and HTML reports generated by atf-report. These should soon show up in the continuous tests of NetBSD.Work on integrating the use of POSIX timers into atf-run after Christos Zoulas performed these changes in the NetBSD tree. The result is quite awful because I need to keep compatibility with systems that do not provide the "new" interface... [Continue reading]

  • Kyua: Weekly status report

    Unfortunately, not much activity this week due to travel reasons. Anyway, some work went in:Preliminary code to generate HTML reports from kyua report. This is easy peasy but boring. The current code was written as a proof of concept and is awful, hence why it was not committed. I'm now working in cleaning it up.Backported test program and test case timestamping into ATF based on a patch from Paul Goyette. This is a very useful feature to have, and it will have to be added to Kyua later. (It has always been planned to be added, but have not had the time yet.) [Continue reading]

  • Kyua: Weekly status report

    Some significant improvements this week:Finally submitted the code to store and load full test case definitions. This is quite tricky (and currently very, very ugly) but it works and it will allow the reports to include all kinds of information from the test cases.Removed the Atffiles from the tree; yay! For a long time, I had been using atf-run to run broken tests because atf-run allowed me to watch the output of the test case being debugged. However, this has been unnecessary since the introduction of the debug command in late August. I now feel confident that these files can go. (And debug is much more powerful than atf-run because you can target a single test case instead of a whole test program.)Some crazy work attempting to hide the name of SQLite types from the sqlite::statement interface. I've been only able to do so somewhat decently for bind, but all my attempts at doing the same with column result in horrible code so far. So no, such changes have not been submitted.As of a few minutes ago, kyua test now records the output of the test cases (stdout and stderr) into the database. These will be invaluable for debugging of test cases, particularly when the reports are posted online.Some preliminary work at implementing HTML reports. This, however, has not received much progress due to the previous item requiring completion.I'm quite excited at this point. HTML reports are a few weeks away at most. Once that happens, it will be time to start considering replacing the atf-run / atf-report duo for good, particularly within NetBSD. This will certainly not be easy... but all the work that has gone into Kyua so far has this sole goal! [Continue reading]

  • Kyua: Weekly status report

    Some more work towards allowing storing and loading of full test case definitions (which in turn will allow us to provide detailed HTML reports). I have local changes that do this, but they are gated by the lack of some additional tests and probably some optimizations, because they slow down kyua report significantly. Regarding commits, I have only submitted some related cleanup-changes.I got distracted by invalid Doxygen comments and traced down why they were not being correctly validated (which is the whole point of running Doxygen during the build). It turns out I had to enable some extra EXTRACT_* settings in the Doxyfile. After doing so, I realized there are many, many documentation problems in the code... and I have been fixing them since. It's a tough operation, but I'm more than half-way through already. To give you an idea, the current diffstat shows about 650 new comment lines (!). [Continue reading]