The time to conclude the CLI design series has come. I hope you have enjoyed the topic and that got some useful tips and tricks for your future developments!
Here is the summary of all the topics that were covered:
- Series introduction
- The CLI is the presentation layer
- Error reporting
- Requesting and offering help
- Putting flags to good use
- Do not reinvent option parsing
- Subcommand-based interfaces
- Single-command interfaces
- Handling output messages
- Screen wrapping
- Consider interactive prompts twice
Stay tuned for the next series!